Click to listen!
Hello Hello! How are you?
Today I’m bringing you a post that I haven’t done in over a year. I’m glad to be back to blogging and writing fun posts like this one as I really missed it. Hopefully, I’ll get a new “Down the TBR Hole” post up soon!
First Lines Fridays is a weekly feature for book lovers hosted by Wandering Words. What if instead of judging a book by its cover, its author or its prestige, we judged it by its opening lines?
- Pick a book off your shelf (it could be your current read or on your TBR) and open to the first page.
- Copy the first few lines, but don’t give anything else about the book away just yet – you need to hook the reader first.
- Finally… reveal the book!
Sandra, please deliver to Femi and Charlotte
As discussed, it is best you know nothing before you read the enclosed. Please bear in mind:
- Only a limited number of emails, texts and messages could be recovered, so the correspondence is not complete.
- It is, however broadly chronological.
- I’ve included various extras – i.e. newspaper clippings, social media activity and other sundries – in the pursuit of context.
- If I come across anything else of interest I will forward it to you.
See what you think.
Roderick Tanner, QC
Tanner & Dewey LLP
But what book is this quote from?
The Appeal by Janice Hallett
ONE MURDER. FIFTEEN SUSPECTS.
CAN YOU UNCOVER THE TRUTH?
There is a mystery to solve in the sleepy town of Lower Lockwood. It starts with the arrival of two secretive newcomers and ends with a tragic death. Roderick Tanner QC has assigned law students Charlotte and Femi to the case. Someone has already been sent to prison for murder, but he suspects that they are innocent. And that far darker secrets have yet to be revealed…
Throughout the amateur dramatics society’s disastrous staging of All My Sons and the shady charity appeal for a little girl’s medical treatment, the murderer hid in plain sight. The evidence is all there, waiting to be found. But will Charlotte and Femi solve the case? Will you?
This book sounds so amazing doesn’t, it? I’m going to be starting it today with Candyce from The Book Dutchesses as it is our next buddy read and I have a really good feeling about it!
Have you read this book yet? What did you think of it?
That’s all for now, I hope you enjoyed this post,
See you soon, stay safe,