Click to listen!
Hello Hello! How are you?
I’m doing something a little bit different today, I haven’t ever done an “Award tag” on my blog and since I was nominated by the lovely KitKat over at KBbookreviews, I thought it would be a nice thing to do this on here. Thank you so much for nominating me! She is so sweet and her blog is so lovely, so go check her out here, I’m sure you’ll love her!
What is The Mystery Blogger Award?
The only thing I know is from the post I was nominated on, that it was created by Okoto from OkotoEnigmasBlog, but as the title implies, everything else is a mystery!
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- List the rules.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Share a link to your best post(s).
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Answer the questions from the person who nominated you and ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
Three Things About Me
- This is really random, but I am allergic to nearly all fruit in its actual fruit form; strawberry sorbet used to be my favourite dessert before I couldn’t eat strawberries anymore, and now I can’t bear them, the smell or anything!
- I’m really passionate about my reading, but also about my bullet journaling. I don’t do nearly as much as I would like because I’m really busy with everything else that comes with being an adult and attending university (lol), but as soon as I have the time, I always sit down with my bullet journal, my supplies, my phone with an audiobook/music and can spend hours doodling away!
- I’m addicted to Pinterest and can spend hours scrolling through all the pretty pictures, especially ones of bullet journals, books, interior décor and tattoos, I also really like plants!
My Favourite Post
I don’t have many posts on my blog as of yet, but I think my favourite one would have to be my Books Recommended By Blogger, A Series post because I had so many lovely people recommend me so many awesome sounding books and my TBR is going to be literally overflowing, but I’m sure it’s going to be an awesome year reading all of these!
People I Am Tagging For This Award
I didn’t want to swamp too many of you so I’m sticking with 10 nominations! I can’t wait to see your own post on this if you decide to do it! If you don’t like doing tags, don’t worry, no problem at all, but you all deserve the love!
Questions from KitKat on KBbookreviews
- How do you organise your bookshelves? (Colour, Alphabetically, by Genre?) And what do you think it says about you?
At home in France, I don’t have many bookshelves yet because we just moved, but on the bookcase I do have set up, I have organised the books in colour, from lightest to darkest, in a sort of rainbow theme. I tried to do it by author’s last name alphabetically in my old house, but the weird colour merges were annoying me. I’m thinking of organising all my bookshelves by colour/rainbow when I get around to making them!
- If you could date/partner up with/be best friends with any fictional character who would you choose and why?
I think I’d want to be best friends with Feyre Archeron because she is so badass and I would really like to be able to learn more about her powers and witness just how incredible she is, and hope that some of that power rubs off onto me aha!
- What was the last book you read that completely captured you, drew you in and made you feel incredibly strongly about it. The book that you will forever recommend to everyone because it is just beautiful or powerful?
The last book that completely grabbed me and made me want to shout about it to anyone and everyone was Away With the Penguins by Hazel Prior. It was such a beautifully written book, the main character Veronica McCreedy is the proverbial annoying old lady, but as the book goes on she starts to let people in and I just fell head over heels for this book. It is about saving the penguins in Antarctica, but not only, it’s also about knowing that it’s okay to cry when things get tough, to let people in and share things with them and to not give up on your dreams. I loved this book so much and everyone should read it because it is just incredible and really struck a chord within me. It reminds people to think about animals and the planet for once, something we don’t do hardly enough.
- Why do you read? What is it about reading that makes you love it and spend hours on it?
The genre I read the most is definitely fantasy, but I also love YA, historical fiction, a good whodunnit mystery or even science-fiction. What keeps me reading a book is the adventure, the character relationships, but also just the difference to everyday life that I know. That’s why I love fantasy so much because it pulls me into an incredible fairy tale world almost and I can’t help but be enthralled by everything.
- What three fictional characters combined make up your personality? Do you have the stubborn brains of Hermione Granger, the loyalty of Samwise Gamgee, and the kind nature of Newt Scamander? Or are you witty, flirty and full of charm instead?
This is a hard one, but I think I could say that I have Harry Potter’s determination, when I want something or know that I can make something work, I don’t let anything go, I put tons of effort into every single thing I do, right up to organising my desk. Then I would say that I have Charlie’s sensibilities from The Perks of Being a Wallflower; I don’t usually let things get to me, but everything that happens around me is stored in my brain and I ruminate on everything. I do get down in the dumps at times, but always manage to pull myself up again. And finally, Feyre Archeron’s creativity; although I’m not overly artsy, I am overflowing with creativity and I’m always thinking about the next project. I resemble Feyre because when I get into the zone, I stay there for hours and I don’t stop until what I’m doing is perfect!
Those were some really tricky questions and had me thinking for a while ahah! I hope mine will be just as good, so here goes.
Questions For Those I Nominated
- What would you say is your go-to hobby/craft aside from reading? What makes you love it so much and go back to it every time when you could just be chilling on the sofa in front of the TV?
- Which book got you into reading? Was there a specific time/book in your life that started the book love for you, or was it just something that happened naturally in your childhood/adulthood?
- Tell me about a book that although you maybe didn’t like it or rate it very high, it sticks with you today and you can’t help but rant about it? And why?
- How do you pick which book you want to read next? Are you a mood reader or do you religiously stick to your monthly/yearly TBRs?
- Finally, talk to me about a book that changed your life/ the way you think/ the way you see yourself and others/ or just that really helped you out when you were stuck in a rut? What does this book mean to you? Pitch it to me as if it was the best book on earth!
I had so much fun writing this Mystery Blogger Award and I hope you enjoy reading it and for those I nominated, I hope you like doing your own post and enjoy it too!
That’s all for now, see you soon,